@WAGS all employees are W2 Employees, not Independent Contractors.
There is a misconception in the industry that groomers are always independent contractors, yet the arrangement does not meet legal requirements. Many Grooming employers put employees at risk of audits, penalties and fines and at WAGS we feel that is not ethical. To protect us and our workers from any long-term liability or trouble, we only hire W2 employees at WAGS HAPPY DOGS.
Employees vs. IC’s
- Employees render services for an indefinite time, IC’s generally complete their work within a pre-determined time.
- Employees come to work on a regular schedule and their work is subject to direction by the employer. IC’s control their own schedule and tasks within parameters suitable to get their contract work completed within the agreed upon time-frame.
- As an employee, taxes are withheld and reported to the IRS. IC’s manage their own tax with-holdings ans employers provide them with a 1099 instead of a W2 at the end of the year. In North Carolina, the contractor must withhold income tax as well.
- Employers provide Employees Workman’s compensation Insurance, IC’s provide their own and must continually provide proof of coverage at each contract term.
- Benefits (if any) are offered to employees, not IC’s.
We’ll also need a copy of your Social Security Card and ID once you are hired.
You will provide W4 and Direct Deposit information through our 3rd Party Payroll Service.
If you receive any error message with the above links, please right click and save as to your machine, then open in the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.